cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Orphan storage location

RTabur
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm not able to re-create an external location after removing its owner from Databricks Account. I'm getting the following error:
Input path url 'abfss://foo@bar.dfs.core.windows.net/' overlaps with an existing external location within 'CreateExternalLocation' call

I've tried to re-create the workspace but it seems that the information about the external location is stored somewhere inside the account metastore. I'm not able to find an API to list all external locations at the account level and since the workspace has been re-created the old workspace URL is no more accessible. Is there a way to remove the orpahned external location?

2 REPLIES 2

PL_db
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

RTabur
New Contributor II

I have already tried this, I am an account admin I see everything but not the old external location, it is not listed but it's there somewhere because I get the error...

That's why I think it's bug.

Thank you anyway!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.