Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster SQL Warehouse fails to Start.

lasribeiro_univ
New Contributor III

I'm a new user of Databricks and I'm taking the Academy course, but I'm having difficulty starting a SQL Warehouse cluster. I've tried several different configurations, but I always get the same error:

Clusters are failing to launch. Cluster launch will be retried.
Details for the latest failure: Error: Error code: ResourceCountExceedsLimitDueToTemplate, error message: Subscription 6a6085f7-891d-4c37-8346-f172e7597a40 has a quota of 3 for resources of type PublicIpAddress with sku SkuNotSpecified. Subscription currently has 0 resources and the template contains 4 new resources of this type which exceeds the quota. Please contact support to increase the quota for resource type PublicIpAddress Type: CLIENT_ERROR Code: AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION Cluster-id (internal): 0609-124126-kv5zsnuw Additional details: {"azure_error_code":"ResourceCountExceedsLimitDueToTemplate","azure_error_message":"Subscription 6a6085f7-891d-4c37-8346-f172e7597a40 has a quota of 3 for resources of type PublicIpAddress with sku SkuNotSpecified. Subscription currently has 0 resources and the template contains 4 new resources of this type which exceeds the quota. Please contact support to increase the quota for resource type PublicIpAddress"}

SQL Warehouse Starter 2SQL Warehouse Starter 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lasribeiro_univ
New Contributor III

In Azure, I created a new resource group in the "EAST US" region, and as a result, I was able to create a "Serverless" SQL Warehouse in Databricks. This way, I didn't encounter the error mentioned in the initial topic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION can mean 2 things:

you use Community Edition (and Databricks SQL is not available on that edition)

your CPU quota is exceeded on Azure, meaning you have to increase the number of available CPUs (with a change request).

My guess is it is number one.

lasribeiro_univ
New Contributor III

In Azure, I created a new resource group in the "EAST US" region, and as a result, I was able to create a "Serverless" SQL Warehouse in Databricks. This way, I didn't encounter the error mentioned in the initial topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Luiz Ribeiro​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.