cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Endpoints for AI functions In Databricks

Avinash_Narala
Contributor

Hi Community.

Recently I gone through the AI Functions and amazed by the results.

I just wanted to know whether can we use our custom endpoints(instead of databricks foundational models) and leverage this AI Functions(ai_classify, ai_mask, etc)

https://docs.databricks.com/en/large-language-models/ai-functions.html

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Avinash_NaralaI’m glad to hear that you’re excited about AI Functions in Databricks. 

The article provides more details on setting up web endpoints for use with Custom Commands in Azure. While this is specific to Azure, the general principles of integrating custom endpoints would apply to the Databricks AI Functions as well. So in summary, yes you can leverage the Databricks AI Functions with your own custom endpoints, allowing you to integrate them with your own applications and data sources.

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma  ,

I'm glad for your response.

But In Databricks Documentation I found that underlying, foundational models are used.

Avinash_Narala_0-1720799121642.png

And I didn't find anywhere that I can leverage endpoints for these functions.

I'm very happy to test if it is possible, can you please guide me how to implement in databricks workspace hosted on AWS.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group