cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks and Web app connectivity to build a interactive application

ankris
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Could you please guide and provide me some material on "Databricks and Web app connectivity to build a interactive application"

Objective is to build web app so that user can interact for getting different data/visuals from databricks (pyspark programming will run in background).

Greatly appreciate your precious suggestion/Guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

There are several: PowerBi, Tableau, Looker.

Not sure if you can embed them in an app though.

There are also OSS alternatives like Superset, Jaspersoft etc.

But my main take is this:

try to avoid crunching large data interactively. I would try to prepare data as much as possible, then load that into some cache (f.e. powerBI import mode) and use that in your app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I'd use a SQL endpoint to fetch the data, and in your web app you do the visualisation etc.

Or embed some BI-tool (which is linked to Databricks).

There is such a thing like databricks dashboards, but I do not think you can embed them into a webpage (at least not in the past).

ankris
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot for prompt reply.

Could you please suggest which BI tool will be able to handle large data with performance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Werner Stinckensโ€‹ : would you like to provide your POV here? ๐Ÿ™‚

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

There are several: PowerBi, Tableau, Looker.

Not sure if you can embed them in an app though.

There are also OSS alternatives like Superset, Jaspersoft etc.

But my main take is this:

try to avoid crunching large data interactively. I would try to prepare data as much as possible, then load that into some cache (f.e. powerBI import mode) and use that in your app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ananthakrishna raikarโ€‹ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Werner Stinckensโ€‹ โ€‹ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.

Thanks and Regards

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group