Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Connect V2 Never Returning Anything

hujohnso
New Contributor II

I am trying to use databricks connect V2 using Azure Databricks from pycharm.  I have

• Created a cluster with runtime 13.2 in Shared Access Mode
  • I have enabled unity catalog for the workspace and I am the account admin
  • I have created a .databrickscfg file with the proper host, token, and cluster_id entered
  • I have a conda environment using python 3.10 and with databricks-connect==13.2.0

When I make a simple request like the ones in the tutorials it does not error and never returns anything.  I think it authenticates because if I change my token to an incorrect one I do get an error. It is like it sends a request and never gets anything back.  When looking at the cluster I am trying to hit no spark job is ever triggered.  Help please!

2 REPLIES 2

hujohnso
New Contributor II

Turns out this must have been a Databricks issue.  I walked away for a couple of hours and tried again and it worked.

jackson-nline
New Contributor III

We are also related issues, see https://community.databricks.com/t5/get-started-discussions/databricks-connect-13-1-0-limitations/td.... However, this issue also highlights that the heartbeat that let you know a job was running on Databricks Connect V1 is now missing. For long jobs, it's difficult to tell whether the session has stalled or if there is an active job running. Is there any configuration to enable some heartbeat logging in V2?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.