cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Connection to Redash

Karene
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Redash account with Databricks so that my organization can run queries on the data in Unity Catalog from Redash.

I followed through the steps in the documentation and managed to connect successfully. However, I am only able to access hive_metastore tables - none of the tables or schemas from Unity Catalog show up in redash.

I am guessing this is more a Databricks issue than a Redash one, as the connection with the Databricks SQL Warehouse has been established and is working. For some reason, the SQL Warehouse is only picking up the hive_metastore data and not Unity Catalog data. The SQL Warehouse is already Unity Catalog enabled.

Any tips on how to handle this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Karene, Thanks for reaching out! We'll look into this and get back to you with an answer shortly. Thanks for your patience!

JameDavi_51481
New Contributor III

it looks like the Redash connector for Databricks is hard-coded to run `SHOW DATABASES`, which only shows `hive_metastore` by default. This probably needs to be updated to run `SHOW CATALOGS` and then `SHOW SCHEMAS in <catalog_name>` for each of those, and compose a list of catalog/schema combinations.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!