cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deleted workspace

tobi
New Contributor II

Hello guys, I have a question. We have databricks on gcp, we forgot to pay for subscription and they removed our workspace. I had code notebooks on that workspace. If there is any way to reproduce this code? Or maybe itโ€™s automatically saved this code on gcp on backets? Please help me if you know some information.

4 REPLIES 4

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @tobi ,

Unfortunately, if the data was stored directly within the Workspace and not backed up externally, there is no much you can do.

Once a Databricks subscription is cancelled, all workspaces associated with that account are deleted and this deletion is not reversible.

tobi
New Contributor II

maybe gsp automatically creates some back ups? or store notebooks from workspace on gcp?

tobi
New Contributor II

i simply want my code from notebooks, not data (i mean notebooks like ipynb)

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tobi If you have set up automated backups or if your notebooks are synced with a GCS bucket, you might find your code there. Check your GCS buckets for any saved versions of your notebooks. Also, If you had a disaster recovery plan in place, you might be able to use it to restore your workspace. This typically involves having backups of your notebooks, job configurations, and other critical ass....

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group