Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Running Delta Live Pipeline.

Noman_Q
New Contributor II

Hi Guys, I am new to the Delta pipeline. I have created a pipeline and now when i try to run the pipeline i get the error message "PERMISSION_DENIED: You are not authorized to create clusters. Please contact your administrator" even though I can create personal clusters for my self in the workspace and i have account admin role in the workspace ? what permissions am i missing ?

2 REPLIES 2

Palash01
Contributor III

Hey @Noman_Q 

Here are some potential reasons why you might be seeing this error even with an account admin role:

1. Cluster Policy Restrictions:

• Even with admin rights, cluster creation might be restricted by existing cluster policies within your workspace. These policies could limit who can create clusters based on factors like user groups, resource allocations, or specific projects.
  • Check if any cluster policies are active in your workspace by navigating to Workspace Settings > Cluster, Pool, and Jobs Access Control. If such policies exist, you might need to work with your administrator to adjust the restrictions or grant you specific permissions to create clusters for your pipeline.

2. Delta Job Access Control:

• While you might have admin privileges, Delta job access control could be enabled in your workspace, requiring additional permissions to run Delta jobs. This feature allows for granular control over job execution and might be restricting your access even with your admin role.
  • Verify if Delta job access control is enabled in your workspace settings. If so, you might need to talk to your administrator to grant you the necessary permissions to run Delta jobs or temporarily disable the access control for testing purposes.

Hope this helps!

Leave a like if this helps! Kudos,
Palash

Noman_Q
New Contributor II

Thank you for responding @Palash01 . thanks for giving me the direction so to get around it i had to get permission to "unrestricted cluster creation". 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.