Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable support for arbitrary files in Databricks Repos? Public Preview feature doesn't appear in admin console.

tomsyouruncle
New Contributor III

"Arbitrary files in Databricks Repos", allowing not just notebooks to be added to repos, is in Public Preview. I've tried to activate it following the instructions in the above link but the option doesn't appear in Admin Console. Minimum requirements are stated as "you must be running Databricks Runtime 8.4 or above". My cluster is running Runtime 10.3.

I have successfully integrated with my repos in Github but only notebook files are shown.

Repos section of Admin Console (with no "Files in Repos" toggle):

imageRepos screenshot showing I can only create a folder or a notebook (not a file):

reposHow do I enable this feature?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @Tom Turner​ , I do understand your concern. Can you please check the permissions under your repo?

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ , "Permissions" is greyed out for me, even though I am the administrator of this Databricks account.

repo permissions greyed out 

Am I lacking some priveleges?

Hi @Tom Turner​ , It looks like so. Well, let me get back to you with more information on this .

Hi @Tom Turner​ ,

Please click under the Repos -> Your Email I'd -> Permissions and check if you have given the required permissions under the admin.

@Kaniz Fatma​  unfortunately this "Permissions" menu option is also greyed out.

I've also double checked and I can confirm that my user is an admin.

my user is an admin

Hi @Tom Turner​ ,

Databricks offers a number of plans that provide you with dedicated support and timely service for the Databricks platform and Apache Spark.

If you are already an authorised Databricks support contact for your organisation, this article shows you how to manage the support process.

Your organisation must have a Databricks Support contract and your email address must be registered as an authorised support contact. See Enable and create contacts (admin only).

Can you please file a support ticket?

If you would like to learn more about purchasing a Databricks Support contract, contact us using this request form.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.