cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Intelligent source to target mapping

ShankarM
New Contributor III

I want to implement source to target mapping in such a way that source and target columns are auto mapped using intelligent AI mapping resulting in reduction of mapping efforts especially when there are 100+ columns in a table. Metadata information of source and target are provided by the user and the system maps the columns automatically and populates them.

How can we do this in Databricks?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ShankarM, To set up intelligent source-to-target mapping in Databricks, start by gathering metadata for both your source and target datasets, which includes details like column names and data types. Utilize Delta Lake for efficient data management, allowing for schema evolution as your data changes. You can automate the mapping process using AI tools that suggest mappings based on historical data or by writing custom PySpark functions to handle column renaming, data type conversions, and transformations. Orchestrate the workflow with Databricks Workflows to ensure everything runs smoothly, and incorporate user feedback to continuously improve the mapping accuracy. This approach not only saves time but also enhances the reliability of your data integration processes.

ShankarM
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma thanks for your reply.

Can you let me know how auto mapping of columns can be implemented using AI tools in Databricks. Do you have any data architecture explaining the flow. What information needs to be inputted so that suggestions can be done by the model and user can get a UI to approve the mapping. I need to implement this logic for the customer. 

ShankarM
New Contributor III

Can you please reply to my latest follow up question?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group