cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Intellisense doesnt work most of the time

jayj_us
New Contributor

I have noticed that in the databricks SQL editor, the intellisense doesnt work most of the time. 
Is there a setting for this to work always. Its very anti productive to go look for table columns manually.

1 REPLY 1

florence023
New Contributor III

@jayj_us wrote:

I have noticed that in the databricks SQL editor, the intellisense doesnt work most of the time. Official Site
Is there a setting for this to work always. Its very anti productive to go look for table columns manually.

Hello,

I understand how frustrating that can be! Here are a few steps you can take to improve the IntelliSense functionality in the Databricks SQL editor:

Enable Autocomplete:
Navigate to your Settings.
Under Developer -> Experimental features, toggle Databricks Assistant Autocomplete.
Check Permissions:
Ensure you have the necessary permissions to access the metadata. Without metadata read permissions, the schema browser might not show available databases and tables.
Refresh Schema:
Sometimes, refreshing the schema browser can help. Click near the top of the schema browser to refresh the schema.
Browser Extensions:
Disable any browser extensions that might interfere with the editor, such as ad blockers or privacy extensions

Hope this work for you.
Best regards,
florence023

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group