Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid JDBC url

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello. I am trying to establish a connection between DBeaver and Databricks. I followed the steps in DBeaver integration with Databricks | Databricks on AWS, but I get the following error while testing the connection:

jdbc_url_errorCould anyone provide any insight? Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Vidula Khanna​. We identified the problem. It was due to proxy that the hostname couldn't be resolved

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello. Could someone please help?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Additionally, databricks cluster need that config:

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions -Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true

spark.executor.extraJavaOptions -Dio.netty.tryReflectionSetAccessible=true

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Hubert Dudek​. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this didn't solve my problem. Any other ideas please? Thank you in advance

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello. After doing some changes we received the following error:

[Databricks][DatabricksJDBCDriver](700120) Host adb-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.azuredatabricks.net cannot be resolved through DnsResolver com.databricks.client.jdbc.rpc.InternalDnsResolver. Error Message: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server (adb-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.azuredatabricks.net)

Could anyone please help?

Thank you in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Vidula Khanna​. We identified the problem. It was due to proxy that the hostname couldn't be resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSI​ 

Glad to hear! It's a request that mark an answer as best.

Thanks...

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.