cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jobs REST Api - Run a Job that is connected to a git_source

antoniodavideca
New Contributor III

On Jobs REST API is possible to create a new Job, specifying a git_source.

My question is about triggering the job.

Still on Jobs REST Api is possible to trigger a job using the job_id, but I don't find a way to tell anyhow to Databricks, what's the entry point of the Repository that was specified at creation time.

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

@Antonio Davide Caliโ€‹ you can use the runnow API to trigger your run. If you want to change any job values like path or cluster config then you need to use JobUpdate API.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Prabakar
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

@Antonio Davide Caliโ€‹ you can use the runnow API to trigger your run. If you want to change any job values like path or cluster config then you need to use JobUpdate API.

Hello @Prabakar Ammeappinโ€‹ 

Yes my issue was that I misunderstood the Docs.

It seems that even if you forward `git_source`, a `task` inside `tasks` field must be created as a `notebook_task`

Prabakar
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee
Ah. Got it. So is your issue resolved or are you looking for further information.

yes fixed

It's good to know that your issue is resolved. It would be great if you could mark the best answer, so this thread could be closed.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group