cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

question of changing cluster key in liquid cluster

yj940525
New Contributor II

If i already have a cluster key1 for existing table, i want to change cluster key to key2 using 

ALTER TABLE table CLUSTER BY (key2), then run OPTIMIZE table, based on databrick document , existing files will not be rewritten (verified by my test as well), cluster Key2 will only be applied incrementally.  If my existing files are huge (saying having long history), using Key2 will not improve performance when i search the table (e.g. select * from table where key2='xxxx'). is liquid cluster supposed to work this way or i am missing anything?
0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group