cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled job output export

Skr7
New Contributor

Hi ,
I have a Databricks job that results in a dashboard post run , I'm able to download the dashboard as HTML from the view job runs page , but I want to automate the process , so I tried using the Databricks API , but it says 

{"error_code":"INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE","message":"Exporting result is only supported for notebook task runs."}

Is there any workaround?

Thank you
SKR7

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Skr7, You cannot automate exporting the dashboard as HTML using the Databricks API. The Databricks API only supports exporting results for notebook task runs, not for job run dashboards. 

Here's the relevant excerpt from the provided sources:

Export job run results: You can export notebook run results and job run logs for all job types. For notebook job runs, you can export a rendered notebook that can later be imported into your workspace.

This indicates that the export functionality is available for notebook runs but not explicitly for dashboards.

You may need to look into other methods or tools outside of the Databricks API to automate the process.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.