cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrade HSM to UC using Ucx tool - workspace to workspace migration

ShivMukesh
New Contributor

Hello team,

I understand that an automatic upgrade to UC utilizing the UCx tool (Databricks Lab project) is now available to complete this migration from HSM to UC in automate way. But does this tool allow workspace to workspace catalog/artifact migration ? That is, I have an HSM workspace, and if the client wants to upgrade the Catalog to UC with a new or another (fresh) workspace rather than an in-place migration. So, does the UCX tool provide this capability for workspace to workspace migrations ? If not, please let me know of an alternative strategy to automating this procedure using UCx or any other Lab initiatives. Kindly assist me if any limitations around those approaches as well.

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group