Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using your own docker container to launch databricks cluster.

New Contributor II

When using your own docker container while creating a databricks cluster, what is the mapping between the number of containers launched and the nodes launched?

Is it 1:1 mapping? or is it similar to other orchestration framework like Kubernetes?

Or is it node based? like driver node has a different mapping compared to worker nodes?

In documentation it says, internally databricks container service is used to launch docker container, but we do not get a clear picture as to how the orchestration is done.

I need to understand this underlying orchestration, as I have a use case where I need to run a service within a container only on the driver node and not on the worker nodes & need to endure that only one such container is running on the driver node.

1 REPLY 1

FRG96
New Contributor III

+1

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.