Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am not receiving any mail sent to the Azure AD Group mailbox when databricks job fails ?

Tahseen0354
Contributor III

I have created an Azure AD Group in "Microsoft 365" type with its own email address, which being added to the Notification of a Databricks Job (on failure). But there is no mail sent to the Azure Group mailbox when the job fails.

I am able to send a direct mail to the Group mailbox, and if I also add my own working mail address to the Notification on failure, my own mailbox receives the mail but still not the Group mailbox. Did I mis-setup anything to the Azure AD Group or it just would not work to use Group mail in Databricks Jobs ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tahseen0354
Contributor III

I solved it myself.

I think it is because the mailbox is not set to receive email from outside the organization. The notification for a databricks job comes from Microsoft(@microsoft.com). I have enabled that option for external senders and now I am receiving the notifications.

Follow the steps below:

1. Go to settings of the group in your outlook
  2. Under 'follow in inbox' , select 'receive all email and events'.
  3. Next, click on edit group.
  4. Select the option 'Let people outside the organization email the groups'
  5. Click on save.

You should receive the notifications now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tahseen0354
Contributor III

I solved it myself.

I think it is because the mailbox is not set to receive email from outside the organization. The notification for a databricks job comes from Microsoft(@microsoft.com). I have enabled that option for external senders and now I am receiving the notifications.

Follow the steps below:

1. Go to settings of the group in your outlook
  2. Under 'follow in inbox' , select 'receive all email and events'.
  3. Next, click on edit group.
  4. Select the option 'Let people outside the organization email the groups'
  5. Click on save.

You should receive the notifications now.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. I will mark your response as "best".

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Md Tahseen Anam​, Thank you for sharing the solution with us. Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button, as it will help the community members who come up with similar queries in the future.

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @Md Tahseen Anam​ 

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best? If not, please tell us so we can help you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.