cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error message: Failed to launch cluster in Kubernetes gcp databricks

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

we are using data bricks provided default workspace configuration in GCP. we have created 3 gcs buckets and we want to access them by using service principal name through data bricks all-purpose cluster. when we add service principal name in cluster, we are seeing time-out with following error.

Internal error message: Failed to launch cluster in Kubernetes in 1800 seconds. driver readiness:false,last executors readiness ration:1/1 expected executors readiness ratio 0.5

Spark Startup Failure: Spark was not able to start in time. This issue can be caused by a malfunctioning Hive metastore, invalid Spark configurations, or malfunctioning init scripts. Please refer to the Spark driver logs to troubleshoot this issue, and contact Databricks if the problem persists

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @karthik p​, As your error statement states, Please refer to the Spark driver logs to troubleshoot this issue, and contact Databricks if the problem persists.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Kaniz Fatma​ I am trying to raise support ticket, but it is showing admin permission Issue. I am account owner and admin, but still i am unable raise support ticket. whereas if i raise through email it is going to normal priority and not receiving any response. can you please help on that

Antoine1
New Contributor III

Hello @karthik p​ ,

Sorry to send a message in this thread after 3 months, but have you had your issue resolved since then ?

We are facing the exact same one are still trying to get a hold of the support after 10 days.

Regards,

Antoine