cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sign DBFS file URLs

Anushavan
New Contributor

Is it possible to sign DBFS file URLs via the service principal for temporary public access? 

What I actually want to do is to have integration with Databricks in my app platform. For that purpose, I need to sign DBFS file URLs from my platform (ec2) for public temporary access. I think to do it via the service principal. I have no idea whether it is possible, or is it possible via Delta Lake? 

1 REPLY 1

btafur
Contributor III
Contributor III

Signing a file is generally related to what is done by the underlying cloud storage. However, there might be better ways of doing this depending on what you want to share.

• If you want to share structured data you can save it as a Delta table in the Metastore and share it using SQL Execution API or JDBC. You can also use Delta Sharing for this which will use Signed URLs underneath.
  • Another functionality for Delta Sharing is to share Notebook files between Databricks workspaces and it could expand later to include other types of files as well.
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!