cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Ajay-Pandey
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How we can send databricks log to Azure Application Insight ?

Hi All,I want to send databricks logs to azure application insight.Is there any way we can do it ??Any blog or doc will help me.

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
floringrigoriu
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

hi @Debayan in the  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/databricks-monitoring/application-logs. there is a github repository mentioned https://github.com/mspnp/spark-monitoring ? That repository is marked as  maintainance mode.  Just...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Vsleg
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Issue with Apache Sparkâ„¢ Programming with Databricks course

Hello,I found an issue with the Apache Sparkâ„¢ Programming with Databricks courses on Databricks Academy when trying to do the labs. The mount that the courses use for training data is failing with what looks to me like an authentication issue (see sc...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vsleg
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

I found the course Git Repo at (https://github.com/databricks-academy/apache-spark-programming-with-databricks-english), this works so using that instead of the 'apache-spark-programming-with-databricks.dbc' file available in the learning portal. #DA...

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
jwu1
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

www.databricks.com

Attention Community! For a limited period, we are offering a generous 50% discount on training at the Data + AI Summit. Simply apply the code FLS4vop5ep during the registration process. Hurry, though, as this offer will expire on June 12, 2023. Don'...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Thank you for sharing this @Juliet Wu​!!!

• 3 kudos
Louis_Databrick
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registering a dataframe coming from a CDC data stream removes the CDC columns from the resulting temporary view, even when explicitly adding a copy of the column to the dataframe.

df_source_records.filter(F.col("_change_type").isin("delete", "insert", "update_postimage")) .withColumn("ROW_NUMBER", F.row_number().over(window)) .filter("ROW_NUMBE...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Louis_Databrick
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Seems to work now actually. No idea what changed, as I tried multiple times exactly in this way and it did.not.work.from pyspark.sql.functions import expr from pyspark.sql.utils import AnalysisException import pyspark.sql.functions as f     data = [(...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Ajay-Pandey
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Column is accessible after dropping the same column

Hi Today I have seen very Strang behavior of databricks.I have dropped one column from a dataframe and assigned the result to a new dataframe but I am able to use the dropped column in the filter command.In general scenario I should get an error but ...

image.png
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Sandeep
Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

@Ajay Pandey​ , this is a known behavior. Please refer this JIRA for details: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-30421

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Ismail1
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Generating an Account console PAT token

I can't seem to find any documentation on generating an account console PAT token, Can anyone link me to it or guide me?

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
fkseki
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

You can't create a Personal Access Token on account level to use REST APIs. If you want to use SCIM on account level, on the account console settings you'll find the user provisioning tab. In there you can generate de SCIM token. If you want to acces...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
ros
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

merge vs MERGE INTO

from 10.4 LTS version we have low shuffle merge, so merge is more faster. But what about MERGE INTO function that we run in sql notebook of databricks. Is there any performance difference when we use databrciks pyspark ".merge" function vs databricks...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Roshan RC​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers you...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Aviral-Bhardwaj
  • 5 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! MCQ of The Week (Data Engineer Associate Preparation)

A data engineer, User A, has promoted a new pipeline to production by using the REST API to programmatically create several jobs. A DataOps engineer, User B, has configured an external orchestration tool to trigger job runs through the REST API. Both...

• 5 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 8 kudos

@Ajay Pandey​  II really appreciate your efforts and you are right in terms of UI, but when we carefully see the question we foundWhich statement describes the contents of the workspace audit logs concerning these events?audit logs are generated and...

• 8 kudos
4 More Replies
Randomname
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks Job Trigger via webhook

Hi There,I have a scenarion where I plan to load a databricks table via fivetran Following which I need to trigger a set of dbt jobs running databricks sql waeehouseOnce fivetran loads the databricks delta tableCan databricks workflow be triggered vi...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@data guy​ Try if you can implement python API in wehbook then sure you can use databricks workflow API to trigger the job from webhook#DAIS2023​ 

• 1 kudos
Databricks3
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

%run is not working

I have created two notebooks in my workspace one(A) is having function and other one(B) is having the main code.I am trying to use the %run magic function to use the functions available in notebook A from notebook B. Both notebooks are on the same pa...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@SK ASIF ALI​ â€‹It's not supported in community if you are using premium version then this should workCan you please send the snippet of the error message? #DAIS2023​ 

• 0 kudos
akc
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Training models on big or small clusters

I have a workflow with a model which trains every sunday in Azure Databricks. Sometimes the workflow fails as the max wait time is exceeded (currently I am using 1200 seconds). To solve the problem I was thinking of either increasing the wait time or...

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Andreas Kaae​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers ...

• 5 kudos
2 More Replies
pinaki1
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

connect rds from databricks sql editor

Is it possible to connect and execute query directly from rds in sql editor without using unity catelog

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
luis_herrera
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi there, Yes, you could do federated queries from DB SQL Editor. This is an experimental feature, though. UC is actually not supported. You can read more here:https://docs.databricks.com/query-federation/index.htmlPS: check out #DAIS2023 talks

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
rlink
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Data Science & Engineering Dashboard Refresh Issue Using Databricks

Hi everyone,I create a Data Science & Engineering notebook in databricks to display some visualizations and also set up a schedule for the notebook to run every hour. I can see that the scheduled run is successful every hour, but the dashboard I crea...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
luis_herrera
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

To schedule a dashboard to refresh at a specified interval, schedule the notebook that generates the dashboard graphs.PS: Check #DAIS2023 talks

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
AmineHY
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Error When Starting the Cluster

I am having this error when running my cluster, any idea why?

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Honored Contributor
  • 6 kudos

@Werner Stinckens​ , I checked again, you cannot change them after your workspace is deployed. The only way right now is to recreate the workspace and migrate. It’s not possible to update CIDR range right now without migration.

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
Labels