Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Databricks Workspace Editor - Cursor messed up - cannot edit code

UN
New Contributor II

I have been using the Azure Databricks Workspace Editor for a few weeks to put together a python script as well as a notebook.

All was well, until yesterday evening. Since then I suddenly have the following issue

the cursor in the editor is misbehaving. When I type, insert, delete - my input is actioned elsewhere on the same line - e.g. a couple of characters to the right. Its made the editor unusable.

I tried closing the files, and reopening them. I shutdown all computes, logged out of my Databricks account last night.

I logged back in this morning afresh, started the computes, open the same files and still the same cursor issue.

Any ideas on how to reset the cursor behaviour to normal?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@UN Had similiar issue a couple of times. Try to clear the cache of your browser or just temporarily (for testing) switch to another browser.

UN
New Contributor II

thanks - I tried that  - clearing cookies, cache etc and even a different browser - neither helped.

But then after an hour or so the issue cleares up - within the same session - and then after a few minutes starts happening again.

the latest problem is that my code changes are not being reflected in the task / job runs.

e.g. I remove or amend a line of code that prints out a message - but when I run the job, the old text message still appears.

Chibberto
New Contributor II

Changing the zoom level of my browser seemed to help here.

UN
New Contributor II

Thanks @Chibberto - I will try the zoom level to see if it makes a difference.

In the meantime, the latest issue is that the Autosave is not kicking in sometimes for several minutes. So, if I make a change and then re-run the job - the latest code is not execute.
I am currently having to force save the change by clicking the Last Edited link at the top and click Save...