cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a repo because the parent path does not exist

Sweetness
New Contributor II

I tried following this doc

Work With Large Monorepos With Sparse Checkout Support in Databricks Repos | Databricks Blog

When I hook it up to my repos using Azure DevOps Services and check mark Sparse checkout mode, I pass in a subdirectory in my Cone patterns

However, it returns a "Cannot create a repo because the parent path does not exist" error.

Also this doc is outdated. Run Git operations on Databricks Repos - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

In the "Patterns for a repo config file" section, it says to include asterisks * like in gitignore. However, the databricks website throws an error when a user tries to add asterisks.

3 REPLIES 3

Sweetness
New Contributor II

not sure what happened. I deleted the folder and recreated the folder and the sparse mode checkout worked

Yeshwanth
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Sweetness please attach a screenshot for this -
"In the "Patterns for a repo config file" section, it says to include asterisks * like in gitignore. However, the databricks website throws an error when a user tries to add asterisks."

Sweetness
New Contributor II

Sweetness_0-1707328130735.png

This is Azure Databricks

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!