cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Filtering output dataset using parameter values from different dataset

Anusha95
New Contributor II

Hi Team, I am trying to build dynamic dashboard for which I have created 2 dataset and I am passing values from 1st dataset to 2nd dataset as parameter. When an user selects parameter values of 1st dataset, 2nd dataset should use those user input values from 1st dataset and display the output data of 2nd dataset. Here I am querying information schema in 1st dataset to populate catalog, schema, table name as parameter values and using 2nd dataset for "select * from catalog . Schema . Table name". I have mapped catalog, schema, table name parameter values from 1st dataset to 2nd dataset in the canvas. When I select the parameter vales, the values are getting passed to the 2nd dataset but the output filtering only audit(start date, modified date) columns which are common across all the tables for that respective table as output rather than giving the data of whole table.

Can anyone help?

any suggestions are appreciated and Thanks in advance.

#databricksdashboard #databricks#dynamicdashboard#analytics

2 REPLIES 2

Walter_C
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Ensure that your query in the second dataset is correctly set up to accept and use the parameters from the first dataset. The parameters should be correctly mapped to the catalog, schema, and table name in your "select * from catalog . Schema . Table name" query.

2. Check the filtering conditions in your second dataset. If it's only displaying common columns like start date and modified date, it might be due to a filtering condition that's limiting the output to these columns.

Anusha95
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response @Walter_C .

Based on the above checks, draft dashboard is satisfying both the checks. Regarding 2nd point, the 2nd dataset(select * from catalog . Schema . Table name) is executing and giving correct output when the filter values are manually provided in the data designer but when these filter/parameter values are selected using the parameter option in the Canvas section, the output is giving only the common columns for all the table name selection.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group