cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Running an exe file in databricks

Dlt
New Contributor III

Hello 

I have an executable file which i want to host and run from databricks.  is this possible in databricks using DBFS ?

If NOT what are the other ways to it in databricks ? 

5 REPLIES 5

AlliaKhosla
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Greetings!!

@Dlt Running .exe files directly from DBFS (Databricks File System) is not supported. This is because Databricks clusters use Ubuntu machines, which do not support the execution of .exe files. Exe files are generally used in Windows OS. 

Hope this helps !

AlliaKhosla
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Greetings!!

@Dlt Running .exe files directly from DBFS (Databricks File System) is not supported. This is because Databricks clusters use Ubuntu machines, which do not support the execution of .exe files. Exe files are generally used in Windows OS. 

Hope this helps !

Regards
Allia 

Dlt
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot for reply.  I have a buildable code which i can build and create file which can run on linux platform.

If that is the case then can you suggest how can i run it in databricks ? Can we keep it in dbfs and call it in notebook ?

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community! ๐ŸŽ‰ 

We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses โ€“ you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution for you. And remember, if you ever need more help , we're here for you! 

Keep being awesome! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿš€

BR_DatabricksAI
Contributor

Hello, 

I don't have much information on what kind of executables you would like to run in databricks however, I can think of two solutions : 

Solution 1: Deploy your code in azure container registry as an image and use the endpoint in data bricks. 

Solution 2: Convert the same business logic in data bricks notebook and run directly from data bricks. 

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!