Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am getting QB Desktop Error 6000 recurringly?

faithlawrence98
New Contributor II

Whenever I try to open my company file over a network or multi-user mode, I keep getting QB Desktop Error 6000 and something after that. The error messages on my screen vary every time I attempt to access the data file. I cannot understand the error, and what should I do?

2 REPLIES 2

judithphillips5
New Contributor II

Hi, @faithlawrence98 

Don’t worry; we’re here to help you.

To open your company file over the network, it is required to run the QB Database Server Manager on your server computer. In case this tool isn’t running, you will most probably face QB Desktop error 6000 and a variety of codes after that.

Below, we are mentioning steps on how you can run the Database Server Manager, so make sure to follow them correctly to fix the issues.

• If QB Tool Hub isn’t downloaded on your computer, let’s first download the tool.
  • Close your QB or the company files, and then go to Intuit’s official site. Now, download the Tool Hub’s latest version on your computer while saving the program’s file in an easily accessible location.
  • Open the file you recently downloaded (QBToolHub.exe) by double-clicking on it.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and then agree with the terms & conditions to start the installation of the tool.

After installation, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon from your home screen. Once the tool is open, follow the below steps:

• Choose the Network Issues menu and then click on the QB Database Server Manager. Install the tool on your server computer if you haven’t done so yet.
  • In the Database Server Manager, if you see your company files, click Start Scan. If you don't, you need to Browse to the location where your company file is saved and then select Start Scan.
  • Once done, try again to access the data file and ensure it is fixed.

If you require more information on this blog, check out our detailed  PDF file, which is attached below.

larsonkristen06
New Contributor

Hi, @faithlawrence98  and  @judithphillips5  

I appreciate you both taking the time to share your expertise. This is a well-written and insightful post. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Regards!

Larson Kristen

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.