Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't select cluster when create AutoML experiment

HAKO411
New Contributor

I'm trying to create my experiment using AutoML. I have a running cluster using 12.2 LTS. However, โ€ƒit isn't available as an option for me. How could I solve it? Thank you

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 11.43.14 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HAKO411 , 

The versions of AutoML available to you in Databricks depend on which version of Databricks you are using. However, AutoML 1.4 and above are available.

The version of Databricks Runtime that you are using might not be compatible with the latest version of Azure Machine Learning. AutoML integration is supported by Databricks Runtime versions 7.2 and later.

Therefore, one possible reason why you are not seeing AutoML as an option in your experiment is that you may be running an older version of Databricks Runtime.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

1. Upgrade your Databricks Runtime cluster to version 7.2 or later. You can do this by going to the cluster settings and selecting the appropriate version.

2. Make sure you are using the correct workspace configuration and credentials. The Azure Machine Learning integration requires an Azure Machine Learning workspace to be set up in your Azure subscription. Once you have set up the workspace, you need to specify its configuration information in your Databricks workspace by setting the appropriate environment variables or using the Azure Machine Learning python SDK.

3. Confirm that you have the proper permissions. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to link and use your Databricks workspace with Azure Machine Learning. This assumes that your Databricks workspace is in the same Azure subscription as your Azure Machine Learning workspace.

Once you have taken these steps, you should be able to use AutoML within your Azure Machine Learning experiment. If you are still encountering issues, you may want to raise a support request with Databricks or Azure to get additional help troubleshooting the issue.

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@HAKO411 @Looks your cluster is not ML enabled runtime, can you please make sure your DBR is ML enabled 

Annapurna_Hiriy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@HAKO411 AutoML needs Databricks Runtime 9.1 ML or above. For time series forecasting, you will need Databricks Runtime 10.0 ML or above.

Looks like you are using 12.2 LTS, a non-ML version. Using 12.2 ML LTS should resolve your issue.