Databricks Certifications

Databricks Certified Data Engineer Professional

Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate

Databricks Certified Data Analyst Associate

Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0

Partner Training - Solutions Architect Essentials

Academy Accreditation - Platform Administrator

Academy Accreditation - Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals

Could you give a brief description of your professional journey to date? 

I began my data engineering career at Celebal Technologies, first as a Junior Data Engineer. Here, I acquired know-how working with extensive datasets and designing pipelines to automate data processing and analysis. Upon being promoted as a data engineer, I implemented and kept up ETL processes and databases. Additionally, I constructed and cared for data warehouses. At present, I am working as an associate consultant data engineer; functioning as an integral team lead while developing and optimizing data pipelines, amalgamating data sources and administering data warehouses.

What is your favorite thing about your current job/role? 

My favorite part of the job is to understand the problems/ challenges that clients face in their business and provide them with good solutions and architecture utilizing multiple cloud enterprise services such as Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse, etc.

What are three words your coworkers would use to describe you?

I am known to be innovative, optimistic, and a great planner.

Do you have any mentors in your professional life?

As a professional, I have always received continuous guidance and support from my mentors (Vijay Kumar Sharma and Yogesh Verma). As a result of their help and the opportunity to learn from their experience, I am grateful for their advice, guidance, and support throughout my career.

When and why did you start using Databricks? 

I started using Databricks in 2020 for its ability to easily scale workloads and provide a unified platform for data engineering, data science, and machine learning. Additionally, it offers an array of features such as an interactive workspace, a secure cloud-based platform, and integration with other tools such as Apache Spark, MLflow and Power BI.

Do you have a favorite Databricks feature? Something that makes your life a lot easier? Or more interesting? 

Yes, one of my favorite features in Databricks is Unity Catalog. 

Unity Catalog in Databricks provides a single place to create and manage data access policies that can be applied across all workspaces and users in an organization which makes data cataloging easier for all the users.

Is there a Databricks feature you want to see in the future?

I would love to see a more robust visual workflow editor in Databricks, similar to what is available in other data processing and analytics platforms. This would allow users to quickly create and troubleshoot pipelines, as well as quickly track and monitor data transformation and job progress.

When and why did you start using Databricks Community?

I have been using the Databricks community since November 2022 with a view to explore and help others data engineers with real time use cases by answering their queries and sharing my experience with them. I am also trying to learn more about the subject and gain a better understanding of it.

What’s your favorite thing about being in the Databricks Community? 

My favorite thing about being in the Databricks Community is the opportunity to connect with others who are passionate about data and analytics, to learn from their experiences, and to find new ways of leveraging Databricks technology to tackle real-world problems. The knowledge-sharing and collaboration that takes place in the Community are invaluable to those of us working in the data space.

Pivoting a little: What’s your favorite hobby?

I love to read technical blogs and solve real world problems by using new technologies.

Where do you see yourself in 3 years?  

In three years, I see myself as a senior data engineer, leading teams in mining, analyzing, and creating data-driven solutions to complex business problems. I will also be responsible for data architecture, modeling, and implementing data engineering practices. Additionally, I will be expected to mentor junior engineers, develop new data products, and collaborate with other stakeholders on data-driven projects.

Social Media Handles

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajaypanday678

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ajaypanday678

Thank you for sharing a bit about your life and professional journey, and for letting us 'take a piece of greatness' from you @ajay Pandey​ 😊

Let Ajay know your questions below!

16 Comments