Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change Databricks Connection on Power BI (service)

mbhakta
New Contributor II

We're creating a report with Power BI using data from our AWS Databricks workspace. Currently, I can view the report on Power BI (service) after publishing. Is there a way to change the data source connection, e.g. if I want to change the data source from Dev to Prod data or a different workspace? 

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mbhaktaYes, you can change the data source connection for your Power BI report.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to the Power BI service and locate the dataset for your report.
2. Expand the "Data source credentials" section and click "Edit credentials".
3. In the configuration dialogue, you can update your data source details accordingly.

Remember, you need to have the necessary permissions to perform these changes.

Also, if you have enabled single sign-on (SSO) for your report, you will need to manage access to the data source using the Azure AD identity of the user accessing the report.

mbhakta
New Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz,

Thanks for your reply! It seems possible, but I'm stuck on step 3, since `extensionDataSourcePath` is greyed out. Everything else is editable. What permissions do I need in order to update that field? 

Screenshot 2023-08-21 134828.png

โ€ƒ

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.