cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks SQL Endpoint start times

User16826992666
Valued Contributor

When I first login and start using Databricks SQL, the endpoints always take a while to start. Is there anything I can do to improve the cold start experience on the platform?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_Chynoweth
Esteemed Contributor

Right now all cluster/endpoint start times are dependent on the cloud provider. The best way to eliminate this pain point would be to write a script that starts the query before you log in so that it is running when you are ready to get started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Chynoweth
Esteemed Contributor

Right now all cluster/endpoint start times are dependent on the cloud provider. The best way to eliminate this pain point would be to write a script that starts the query before you log in so that it is running when you are ready to get started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you share your specific use case? May I help you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you share your specific use case? May I help you

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group