cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypt and encrypted column in delta lake table in PowerBI

nikhilkumawat
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have a delta table in databricks which contains a encrypted column. For encrypting I am using databricks "aes_encrypt" function. For reference: https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/functions/aes_encrypt.html#aes_encrypt-function

I am using Power BI to visualize data from this table and other tables. And I want to decrypt this data in PowerBI as per user. Meaning I can have two groups of users in PowerBI, say Group1 and Group2, where if a user is part of Group1 he will be able to see decrypted data on PowerBI side but if a user is of Group2 he should see only encrypted data. 

On Databricks side I am able to create dynamic views using which I can encrypt and decrypt data on databricks side but not able to do it on PowerBI side. Any help or suggestion how can we decrypt data on user basis on PowerBI side would be really helpful. 

Thanks In Advance.

1 REPLY 1

feiyun0112
Honored Contributor

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group