Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job failed due to cluster being unusable since the driver is unhealthy

New Contributor

I am currently unable to spin up any clusters in our databricks AWS environment.

When I attempt to start up an on-demand cluster, it remains in "pending" for 20+ minutes (on relatively small clusters which usually take 2-3 min to start up).

Similarly, all of my scheduled jobs are failing due to their job clusters not being able to start either. This is a sample error message:

"Run result unavailable: job failed with error message Unexpected failure while waiting for the cluster [cluster_name] to be ready. Cause Cluster [cluster_name] is unusable since the driver is unhealthy."

When I try to investigate the issue, the driver logs are completely empty. I have tried to initiate clusters with runtimes 9.1 and 10.4 and see the same issue.

Is this a databricks issue or an AWS issue?

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Amanda Moulaison​, Please check the IAM role attached to whether it's invalid.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.