cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL Positional parameters: INVALID_PARAMETER_MARKER_VALUE.DUPLICATE_NAME

RickB
New Contributor II

When trying to execute a query via sql warehouse, I get the following error:
INVALID_PARAMETER_MARKER_VALUE.DUPLICATE_NAME

the sql statement uses ? placeholders and the correct number of arguments are being passed.

I am not able to use named placeholders with my library, before I refactor I am wondering if there is something I am missing.

Sample SQL:

SELECT client_ip, count(*) as requests FROM {redacted} WHERE log_event_hour >= ? AND log_event_hour <= ? AND log_event_date >= ? AND log_event_date <= ? LIMIT 10 args: [1724332222,1724335822,"2024-08-22","2024-08-22"]

3 REPLIES 3

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @RickB ,

Which API are you using to invoke this? Parameter markers can be provided by:

Because in each one there are subtle differences how to provide arguments to unnamed parameter markers. Take a look at below documentation entry:

Parameter markers | Databricks on AWS

If you are using sql, you should have something like below (example from documentation)

> DECLARE stmtStr = 'SELECT current_timestamp() + ?, ? * ? AS square';
> EXECUTE IMMEDIATE stmtStr USING INTERVAL '3' HOURS, 15.0, 15.0;

I am using the go-sql-driver: https://docs.databricks.com/en/dev-tools/go-sql-driver.html

Looking through the code it looks like it only works with named params which is a shame.

Hi @RickB ,

Yeah, I've checked github repo and it looks like it currently supports only named params ๐Ÿ˜•

databricks-sql-go/parameters.go at main ยท databricks/databricks-sql-go ยท GitHub

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group