cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Visualization in Notebook to Dashboard, how to set default add to Dashboard Bottom

Linglin
New Contributor III

I'm creating dashboard with multiple visualizations from a notebook.

Whenever I add a new visualization, the default position in dashboard is top left which mess up all the format I did for previous graph. Is there a way to default add to the bottom of the dashboard?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Linglin
New Contributor III

@shan_chandra I'm using Lakeview dashboard. In dbx notebook, there is Add to dashboard > button on the right of each visualization. It's super handy. 

Actually I have this issue solved. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LinglinWhen creating a dashboard with multiple visualizations, it’s essential to consider the layout and placement of each visualization.

Here are a few approaches you can take to ensure a better arrangement:

1. Dynamic Comparison of Top and Bottom Performers:

• If you’re using Microsoft Power BI, you can create a seamless display where both top-performing and underperforming items are shown alongside each other within a single table visual. This dynamic approach allows users to adjust the number of items they see in each section on the fly1.
    • Here’s a step-by-step guide:
      1. Create a Disconnected Table for Dynamic Selection:
        • Set up a disconnected table in Power BI. This table lets users choose how many items they want to see in both the top and bottom sections of the visual.
        • Use the GENERATESERIES function to create a range of numbers representing the user’s selection.
        • Create a slicer using the column you’ve just created. This slicer will serve as a dynamic selector.
      2. Create a Measure for Ranking:
        • Create a measure that ranks the items based on your criteria (e.g., performance, sales, etc.).
        • Add this measure along with item IDs or names to the table visual. This will allow you to see the ranked items.
        • You can also add other measures or calculations to provide additional insights.
      3. Dynamic TopN/BottomN Selection with Intermediary Items:
        • Make a dynamic measure to select the top N and bottom N items based on the slicer’s selection.
        • Use the TOPN function twice: once in ascending order to find the bottom N items and once in descending order to find the top N items.
        • Include one or two rows between these two sets. To do this, use the RANK measure to determine the rank of items one or two positions above the selected N number.
        • Use the SWITCH function to assign a value of 1 if the items belong to the top N or bottom N categories or if their rank is one or two positions higher than the selected N number; otherwise, set the value to 0.
  2. Layout Considerations:

3. Pin Entire Report Pages (Power BI):

Remember that thoughtful design and planning can significantly enhance the user experience when interacting with your dashboard. Feel free to explore these options and choose the one that best fits your needs! 😊📊

shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Linglin - Are you creating a legacy dashboard from the notebook results or using a Lakeview dashboard?

Linglin
New Contributor III

@shan_chandra I'm using Lakeview dashboard. In dbx notebook, there is Add to dashboard > button on the right of each visualization. It's super handy. 

Actually I have this issue solved. 

shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Linglin - I am glad the issue is resolved.