Options
- Mark as New
- Bookmark
- Subscribe
- Mute
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Permalink
- Report Inappropriate Content
11-09-2025 03:28 AM
I am not able to create an app in my free databricks workspace for hackathon.
I keep getting below error:
I tried deleting and creating many times but still not able to create it.
I keep getting same error.
Options
- Mark as New
- Bookmark
- Subscribe
- Mute
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Permalink
- Report Inappropriate Content
11-09-2025 04:29 AM
Hi @DataBeli ,
Check below thread. Most probably you're hitting an issue that was described in following paragraph:
Solved: Can not create a Streamlit Databricks App on free ... - Databricks Community - 138044
- There has been a recent service-side issue seen by the Apps on-call team where app creation fails during the internal “create_compute_resources” step and surfaces exactly this error message; one root cause was a regional backend failure (gatekeeper not returning a cluster tier for certain Free/Pharos workspaces). In those windows, delete-and-retry won’t help until the region recovers.
I guess you can try once again tomorrow. According to the user who started above thread it started to work next day.