DBFS FileStore html document not showing in the browser

Serhii
Contributor

hello all! I am using the guide https://docs.databricks.com/data/filestore.html to save folder of static html content to the DBFS FileStore directory (as a sub-directory) and have "enable DBFS web browsing" setting on but still I can't view the web pages in the browser (only download). For example, when I access index.html it just downloads it locally preventing browsing of the content folder. Am I missing something? Thanks a lot for your help!

Hubert-Dudek
Databricks MVP

@Sergii Ivakhno​ , In my opinion, FileStore is created only to include files from there in notebooks using displayHTML function. That's why it probably returns a download by default.


My blog: https://databrickster.medium.com/

Prabakar
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

@Sergii Ivakhno​ In FileStore you can save files, such as images and libraries, that are accessible within HTML and JavaScript when you call displayHTML. However when you try to access the link it will download the file to your local desktop.

View solution in original post