Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Model logging issues - Azure Databricks

Ivan_
New Contributor II

I am running job with service principal ( principal e1077c1b-1dcf-4975-8164-d14f748d4774). Mentioned job has a task that will log (mlflow.pyfunc.log_model) newly trained model to unity catalog, but I get PERMISSION DENIED error. I do not get why principal has to be owner of the model? If it has all privileges, why do I get this error?

Pls help ๐Ÿ™‚

ErrorErrorScreenshot 2024-03-29 103021.png

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ivan_

• Check Artifact Permissions: Verify that the service principal has write permissions to the artifact store location where youโ€™re trying to log the model.
  • Experiment Permissions: With the extension of MLflow experiment permissions to artifacts, explicit permission is required to access experiment artifacts.
  • Experiment Owner Permissions: If youโ€™re not the experiment owner, ask the owner to grant you the app...1.
  • Remember, even though the service principal has privileges, the artifact store permissions are separate and crucial for successful artifact logging. Ensure that the service principal has the necessary rights to write to the specified location, and you should be able to resolve the PERMISSION DENIED issue. ๐Ÿš€

Ivan_
New Contributor II

@Kaniz thanks for reply, but can you explain how can I check (set) artifact permissions?

Experiment permissions are set correctly (mentioned principal has needed permissions), but  how do I change artifact (store) permissions?

This is artifact path: dbfs:/databricks/mlflow-tracking/2878245870427067/945abed8808c4ed6961da2008290b8c3/artifacts/artifacts/item_recommender_12754.

How can I access artifact store permissions?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.