cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Generative AI
Explore discussions on generative artificial intelligence techniques and applications within the Databricks Community. Share ideas, challenges, and breakthroughs in this cutting-edge field.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not able to use tool type role with DBRX endpoint

mayank_gupta
New Contributor

Error code: 404 - {'error_code': 'FEATURE_DISABLED', 'message': 'FEATURE_DISABLED: Tool Calling is not enabled for this workspace'}

Receiving this error when trying to complete chat using tools. How to enable tool calling feature?

I am posting for the first time. Please tell if any more information is required.

7 REPLIES 7

NandiniN
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @mayank_gupta ,

I checked internally on this. The endpoints need to support this capability. It seems likely that our model serving framework would need to accommodate tool calling.

I will ask the concerned team to check on this. 

Thanks!

rpunuru
New Contributor II

@NandiniN  any update on this , i am also getting the same error for both bdrx and mixtral models

anand3
New Contributor II

If you encounter issues using the tool type role with the DBRX endpoint, ensure you have the correct permissions and configurations. clipping path image editing service Verify your access credentials and check for any updates or patches required for compatibility. Consult the official documentation or support for detailed troubleshooting steps and potential workarounds to resolve the problem efficiently.

anand22
New Contributor II

If you encounter issues using the tool type role with the DBRX endpoint, ensure you have the correct permissions and configurations. clipping path image editing service Verify your access credentials and check for any updates or patches required for compatibility. Consult the official documentation or support for detailed troubleshooting steps and potential workarounds to resolve the problem efficiently.

NandiniN
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @mayank_gupta @rpunuru ,

I could not get more information on the exact cause, but here are a few more pointers to check 

Are you trying from an unsupported region for External models?
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/machine-learning/model-serving/model-serving-limi...

- Also, from the internal discussion as mentioned earlier it looks like there is some work going on on this.

I have requested more info, and as I have details I can post further.

rpunuru
New Contributor II

Thanks @NandiniN  for response , It does work for regular q/a . Its an issue with only funciton/tool calling scenario. pls post when you find more information.

NandiniN
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone, Tools is in private preview right now, there would be an official documentation later regarding its support.

If you have an Account SA, kindly reach out to them and they can guide you.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!