Why is Databricks Using Private IP Instead of NAT Gateway's Public IP to Connect with Source System
- Mark as New
- Bookmark
- Subscribe
- Mute
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Permalink
- Report Inappropriate Content
04-15-2025 02:14 AM
I have a publicly accessible SQL database that is protected by a firewall. I am trying to connect this SQL database to Databricks, but I'm encountering an authentication error. I have double-checked the credentials, port, and host, and they are all correct.
To allow the connection, I whitelisted the public IP of the NAT gateway attached to the Databricks subnet in the SQL database firewall. However, when I checked the SQL database logs, I noticed that the incoming requests are not coming from the NAT gateway's public IP. Instead, the requests are originating from the private IP of the Databricks all-purpose cluster.
Why is this happening, and how can I resolve it?
- Labels:
-
Partner