ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ ,

Thank you very much for your response.

yes you are correct, Chromium became a snap in 19.10. Databricks runtimes 9.1 and 10.4 both have the Ubuntu version of 20.04.

I am ok with using the snap version of Chromium, but it is not installing properly...

When I try to install using the below command in DBX runtime 10.4 through init script...

apt update

apt install chromium-browser chromium-chromedriver

The following additional packages will be installed:

 apparmor liblzo2-2 snapd squashfs-tools udev

Suggested packages:

 apparmor-profiles-extra apparmor-utils zenity | kdialog

The following NEW packages will be installed:

 apparmor chromium-browser chromium-chromedriver liblzo2-2 snapd

 squashfs-tools udev

0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.

Need to get 36.3 MB of archives

The init script is completing, but we have log that says as follows.

=> Installing the chromium snap

==> Checking connectivity with the snap store

===> System doesn't have a working snapd, skipping

Also Chromium is not working, when I search for it using which chromium or which chromium-browser, it does not show up.

Is there any other way to get the snap installed and working first before installing ?