Deduplication, Bronze (raw) or Silver (enriched)
Options
- Mark as New
- Bookmark
- Subscribe
- Mute
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Permalink
- Report Inappropriate Content
10-18-2021 03:58 AM
Need some help in choosing between where to do deduplication of data. So I have sensor data in blob storage that I'm picking up with Databricks Autoloader. The data and files can have duplicates in them.
Which of the 2 options do I choose?
Option 1:
- Create a Bronze (Raw) Delta Lake table which reads from the files with Autoloader and only appends data.
- Create a Silver (Enriched) Delta Lake table that reads from Bronze table and does merge to deduplicate?
- Create a Silver (Enriched) Delta Lake that reads from the first Silver table and joins with another table.
Option 2:
- Create a Bronze (Raw) Delta Lake table which reads from the files with Autoloader and does merge into to deduplicate
- Create a Silver (Enriched) Delta Lake table with reads from the first Silver table and joins with another table.
Labels:
- Labels:
-
Databricks autoloader