Gemini Foundation Model endpoint unavailable in 14-day commercial trial

Remon
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using a 14-day Databricks commercial trial with promotional credits on an AWS Tokyo workspace

I am specifically trying to access the documented "databricks-gemini-3-8-flash" Foundation Model, but it is not available through Unity Gateway / Model Serving in my workspace.

What I have already checked:

- "databricks-gemini-3-8-flash" appears under the "system.ai" catalog / registered models.

- My workspace is in the AWS Tokyo region.

- I checked the relevant workspace AI and feature settings.

- I checked Unity Gateway / Model Serving, but I cannot find a Gemini model service or callable endpoint.

- I also tried calling the model endpoint directly through the API.

 

The API returns:

"NotFound: The given endpoint does not exist, please retry after checking the specified model and version deployment exists."

 

I contacted Databricks Support, but they informed me that my account is classified as an individual account without a support contract and recommended that I post the issue here in the Community.

 

Could someone from Databricks please clarify:

1. Is "databricks-gemini-3-8-flash" available on the 14-day commercial trial?

2. If it is available, why does the model appear in "system.ai" but not as a callable endpoint in my workspace?

3. Does my workspace require any additional entitlement, backend provisioning, or activation?

4. Is there any workspace setting I need to enable, or does Databricks need to provision the model for my account?

 

Thank you.