AccessDenied error on s3a:// bucket due to Serverless Network Policy in Databricks SQL Endpoint
- Mark as New
- Bookmark
- Subscribe
- Mute
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Permalink
- Report Inappropriate Content
06-20-2025 03:06 AM
I wrote this code in Notebook
err in sql query
INTERNAL: [UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS] Unauthorized access: s3a://testbuket114/: getFileStatus on s3a://testbuket114/: com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.AmazonS3Exception: Access to storage destination is denied because of serverless network policy; request: GET http://testbuket114.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com {key=[], key=[false], key=[2], key=[2], key=[/]} Hadoop 3.3.6, aws-sdk-java/1.12.638 Linux/5.15.0-1072-aws OpenJDK_64-Bit_Server_VM/17.0.13+11-LTS java/17.0.13 scala/2.12.15 kotlin/1.9.10 vendor/Azul_Systems,_Inc. cfg/retry-mode/legacy com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.ListObjectsV2Request; Request ID: null, Extended Request ID: null, Cloud Provider: AWS, Instance ID: unknown credentials-provider: com.amazonaws.auth.BasicSessionCredentials credential-header: AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 Credential=REDACTED_ACCESS_KEY(da3c912f)/20250620/us-east-1/s3/aws4_request signature-present: true (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: null; S3 Extended Request ID: null; Proxy: 192.168.200.20), S3 Extended Request ID: null:AccessDenied SQLSTATE: 42501
I already create external location in catalog
and credential
Despite all this, I still get the same error with no Request ID or Extended Request ID.
Has anyone encountered this issue or have suggestions on what else I should check or configure? Could there be caching or propagation delays in the Serverless Network Policy? Or any other hidden settings that might block access?
Thanks in advance for your help!