Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way so set DBU or cost limits so I don't get an unexpected bill?

jason_mcdonald
New Contributor

I'm wondering if there's a way to set a monthly budget and have my workloads stop running if I hit it.

2 REPLIES 2

User16869510359
Esteemed Contributor

Currently, we do not have an option to stop the workload based on the DBU usage.

It's possible to set job timeout's to prevent pro-longed execution of jobs. The job timeout can be set to 1.5 times the normal SLA/execution time.

aladda
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Cluster Policies would help with this not only from a cost management perspective but also standardization of resources across the organization as well simplification for a better user experience. You can find Best Practices on leveraging cluster policies - https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/clusters/policies-best-practices.html

You can also use combination of chargeback and usage logs to drive good resource usage behavior across the enterprise

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.