Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the data is stored in processing

User16826994223
Honored Contributor III

Do I have to transfer my data into Databricks' AWS account?,Candatabricks access my data and see all my compnay information

4 REPLIES 4

Mooune_DBU
Valued Contributor

Data used within the Databricks platform is controlled by the customer and sits on your own VPC.

Some types of data (such as partial query results, command logs executed from a notebook) will get transferred and/or stored on Databricks accounts (for not more than 30 days) in an encrypted fashion.

Cary
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

One clarification to the point above. The data is stored in your (the customer's) account and S3. All of the ephemeral workers are spun up in your own account and VPC. Very little information is actually stored in the Databricks account, other than what is needed to provide a quality level service and user experience. You might check out the architecture documents here. https://docs.databricks.com/getting-started/overview.html

herrera101
New Contributor II

The central processing unit, also known as the CPU, is the brain of the computer and is where all programmes and instructions are executed. Computers employ two different forms of memory: primary memory and secondary memory. Data and programmes are kept in secondary memory, which serves as the primary storage.

http://customer-service.co.nz/

PriyaAnanthram
Contributor III

No all the data is stored within your own AWS.Some data to enhance your databricks experience maybe stored in DBFS

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.