cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Current DBR is not yet available to this notebook

Meaz10
New Contributor III

Any one has an idea why i am getting this error:

"The current DBR is not yet available to this notebook. Give it a second and try again!"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Meaz10
New Contributor III

The issue resolved on its own,

Just to add some missing information. 1) I could execute code on some cells but not the others 2) re-starting or detaching did not work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Meaz10! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

My guess is that the databricks environment is not yet fully initialized.

Sometimes you get the green traffic light in your notebook saying the cluster is online, but in fact it is still doing some stuff in the background (no idea what though).

So waiting a minute an try again works in most cases. If you keep on getting this error, a cluster restart may help.

Now, it could also be invalid code because of a version conflict in scala, python or spark.

Maybe you try to run python 2.x code on a 3.x cluster.

Meaz10
New Contributor III

The issue resolved on its own,

Just to add some missing information. 1) I could execute code on some cells but not the others 2) re-starting or detaching did not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meysam azโ€‹ - Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved and for the extra information. ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.