Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Location for DB and for specific tables in DB

Mirko
Contributor

The following situation: I am creating a Database with location somewhere in my Azure Lake Gen 2.

CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS curated LOCATION 'somelocation'

Then i want a specific Table in curated to be in a subfolder in 'somelocation':

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS curated.tablename

(

values

)

USING DELTA LOCATION 'somelocation/subfolder'

(I created an empty table)

This results in addition to the desired folders in 'somelocation/subfolder' in the creation of additional folders "somelocation/tablename___PLACEHOLDER__/

Can someone explain why these placholders are created? Do i can just delete these Placholders?

Thank your for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mirko
Contributor

Hi Piper, i tried it again. This time on 10.2 instead of 9.0. Now it works like desired. But still a little bit strange.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Mirko. Welcome back! Just like the last time, we'll give your peers a chance to respond. We'll come back around if we need to. Thank you for your patience. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mirko
Contributor

Hi Piper, i tried it again. This time on 10.2 instead of 9.0. Now it works like desired. But still a little bit strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mirko Ludewigโ€‹ - Thanks for letting us know. I don't like strange all that much, but I do like working as desired!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.