Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use multiple git repos for a job running multiple tasks?

thib
New Contributor III

I have a job running multiple tasks :

• Task 1 runs a machine learning pipeline from git repo 1
  • Task 2 runs an ETL pipeline from git repo 1

Task 2 is actually a generic pipeline and should not be checked in repo 1, and will be made available in another repo where various ETL pipelines are stored.

However I see now that git repos are set up per Job, and not per Task.

Does anyone have a solution for this, which I would suppose is quite a common scenario?

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Thibault Daoulas​ if task2 is generic and doesnt depend on task1, could you try removing the depends on filed in task2 and run the pipeline?

thib
New Contributor III

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , task2 depends on task1, as it sends out the results from task1.

I also tried removing the dependency and edited the git reference, but it changes the git reference for all the tasks in the job.

Do you know if that is a feature missing from jobs, or if it is intentional?

trijit
New Contributor II

The way to go about this would be to create Databricks repos in the workspace and then use that in the task formation. This way we can refer multiple repos in different tasks.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.