Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the admin settings by Terraform?

petilodie
New Contributor III

I need to update most of the settings that are visible on the Admin Console UI by using Terraform. In another post in this forum I saw that I can use `custom_config` in a `databricks_workspace_conf` resource to achieve that but the options seem limited.

In the same post the accepted answer also shows how to change some of the settings with curl by sending a patch request to `workspace_conf` endpoint of the DataBricks REST API:

curl --location --request PATCH 'https://test.cloud.databricks.com/api/2.0/workspace-conf' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer REPLACE_TOKEN' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
    "enableWebTerminal": "true",
    "enableGp3": "true",
    "enableDbfsFileBrowser": "true",
    "enableDcs": "true"
}'

When I looked through the API docs, I couldn't find anything related to this endpoint. I also tried searching the net by using the names of some of the settings but nothing came up.

So my questions is, how can I get a list of the flags that can be changed with this endpoint that I can also use with a Terraform configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

petilodie
New Contributor III

Ok, looks like I can inspect the network and see which flags are sent to the endpoint. Tried that and it worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

petilodie
New Contributor III

Ok, looks like I can inspect the network and see which flags are sent to the endpoint. Tried that and it worked.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.