Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lodge feature requests/enhancements?

Ashley1
Contributor

Hi All, does anyone know the best way to provided feedback to the databricks team in regards to feature request or enhancements?

This is a general question but I have immediate items I'm wishing to have improved:

In the new data explorer for unity catalog, in the sampling data preview tab, if you want to look across the columns you must scroll to the end of the preview, scroll across, and then scroll back up to the rows of interest. As the column names are no longer visible once you scroll to the bottom, you're left guessing where you are in the dataset.

I'd also vote to have the SQL Editor handle multiple sql statements in one window. Having to have a single query in each editor tab is a terrible workflow when analysing a specific area of focus needing a number of queries. You end up with many query tabs open and getting lost to which one you need next. If it wasn't the preferred general behaviour, add a toggle to allow it when needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ashley Betts​ I believe you will need databricks subscription. Once you login into the workspace. You can open the Feedback portal by clicking on the '?' icon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hi @Ashley Betts​ 

You can open a feature request (Aha Idea) at https://databricks.aha.io/

Ideas registered here are reviewed by our product management team and will be picked up for implementation in the roadmap.

The ideas here are generally listed for user votes and the ideas are picked based on user upvotes on any given request so that we can align with trending or most-looked features.

Cheers, thanks AkashBhat. How do I go about getting an account to sign in to aha.io? It doesn't recognize my community credentials. If I try to get an account from the main site it takes me down the path of free trial (which I've already done). I'm an administrator of our dbx account on azure but this is obviously not linked back to the mother ship.

Hi @Ashley Betts​ I believe you will need databricks subscription. Once you login into the workspace. You can open the Feedback portal by clicking on the '?' icon.

Thanks AkashBhat, I ended up asking our databricks account manager and he had one of the solution architects contact me about this. Got there in the end.

I must say however, the stats on the Azure related feedback site don't fill me with a lot of confidence. Filtering by stage, only one is planned, none have been completed, nearly all are in the new status. Makes me wonder how actively this is monitored by the databricks team.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.